Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Working together with difficult & irritating colleagues can really kill u!!!

Today wound clinic again & another busy day had finally passed. pts loads wasn't tat bad but my Dr Mark very "hardworking" loh.. Knowing that wound clinic usually VERY busy & yet he wants some biopsy procedures to be done stat.. wao kaoz.. bei tahan him although he is a nice Dr but sometimes he have to see whether we got enough staffs to cover the clinic loh. haiz.. Dr mark even mentioned that he likes our new procedure room very much. Oh god, is he giving us some hints? Better make some preparations before he starts anything funny... haha...

PM, Drug provocation & pediatric clinic. I'm working like mad again. I'm all alone to deal with the treatments loh. Cindy had to sit in with the ang moh consultant coz our NSC queen not here today. & tat ang moh not familiar with our paperless system. Then the best thing was he continuously sent me 3 prick tests! All young kiddies & somemore 1 of the pts is only 7 mths old! I had "great" time doing all my prick testing. To make my work more hectic, I got another few pts for drug provocation tests at the same time! I was like a mad woman, running here & there, doing all the procedures. Nobody came & helped me! I also didn't go for my tea break & I got evening clinic also! No rest or a break for a slip of water from 1pm to 7pm! Superhuman leh..

Evening clinic, so far so gd. pts not tat much also. But HIM again! AGAIN & AGAIN!!! He selected pts to do the treatments! wao kaoz.. He picked those wif simple & easy treatments. Wad a fcuking freak! Pardon me for saying tat but I really can't stand him le! There was 1 pt who is his friend & he came over & told me to do tis pt coz she is his friend's friend. He said he dun feel like doing her case. I was like?!?! Hey, no matter who the pt is, u still have to work, rite? dun tell me if every pts u dun wish to do & push to us to do, then u get ur salary for wat? haiz.. so when I'm cleaning the pt's wound(his friend whom he asked me to pick the case to do..), asked me whether is it him who ask me to do the dressing for her. To prevent any mis-understanding, I replied her, "I happen to pick ur case up." (yah, like if its the truth...) I also got pts whom I really, really detest but yet still I have to face them coz bo pian! If nobody do, then who else will do? aiyo, my head is goin to burnt soon!!!

got a new temp staff, mid-thirties lady came today. I heard frm my friends she is a senior staff & she is also a friend of my sis-in-charge in OT department. Initially I tout she is quite ok to get along wif (we were having tea, chit-chatting together in the AM) but during lunch, I heard a lot of feedbacks from my friends when they working in F/G clinic. They said she is very "yaya", like she knows everything.

I mean come on! Everyone working here in NSC, is for the sake of the pts, not to show off who is more clever or who is more senior?! plz lah, show some respect for those WHO WORK LONGER THAN U URSELF. UR JUZ A NEWCOMER, ok? DUN fcuking act like u know everything here which u know nuts abt it, ok? In front of our pts & Drs, dun do "extra & stupid things". We know our work flows MORE BETTER than u do. If we not sure of anything, of coz we will ask u(I'm referring to the NEWCOMER)loh. This is how we share knowledge among each other& work together in harmony... not throwing ur status of seniority around. So wat if u know our sis-in-charge or u have years of experiences? ur new here in NSC & u have to learn from us even though ur a senior staff from outside. If u show us respect, definitely we will respect u. I know my this gp of friends(also my colleagues), they are nice to work with. If u get along well with them, working with them, can be very fun. Though I'm working in a different clinic but once awhile I go over & help them when their clinic is busy...

No comments: